- Because you decide what to see and when and what you are going to do next
- Because you can change your plans if you wish to do something else once you are there
- Because you learn so much more about the place as you are doing research. It will leave a much larger impact on you than an organised trip
- Because you have so many more opportunities to meet the locals
- Because you will really see what the country/place is like, and not only the version the travel agency wants you to see
- Because you will not find yourself trapped in a visit with people harrasing you to buy something from them, and if so you have a chance to scape :)
- Because it will be probably cheaper for you, even a lot cheaper depending on the destination
Do you have some more that you would like to share?