Remember the post I wrote some time ago on people perpetuating stereotypes? Well, I have just found a series of very interesting articles. Six European newspapers have colaborated in them and they show -and sometimes refute- the most common stereotypes that we, Europeans, have on our neighbourgs.
Specailly interesting to me is the Spanish case, whose author is Carmen Morán. Are we still the country of bullfighting, sun and perpetual party? Have we ever been it?...
Here I give you the links to the articles in English (note: the titles of the links are not mine, but of the articles themselves):
- United Kingdom: Do mention the war, please!
- Germany: Don't mention the towels!
- France: Arrogant and good in bed, bien sûr!
- Italy: Yes, we are all individuals!
- Polonia: Hard-drinkink catholic zealots? Nie!
What do you think?